Wednesday, October 17, 2012

DDF Brightening Cleanser- A review

Sweet holy cannoli !! I have now found my favorite new face cleanser. I received this in my October Birchbox and I officially couldn't be any happier.

I was initially very excited to try this because I have acne scarring and dark spots on the sides of my face but upon looking at a few reviews online I became a little hesitant. It seems the product is one of those things that you either despise or you can't live without it (i'm happy to say that i'm the latter) The product itself is a clear liquid with an almost gel type consistency and has a light, pleasant smell. I can't seem to pick up the licorice smell that the product claims to have. A little goes a long way with this, I use about a nickel to quarter size amount and it lathers just enough. This bottle is definitely going to last a long time.

Ingredients list
I truly love this cleanser for multiple reasons, even after the first use my skin was significantly brighter and more fresh and awake looking, because of this I especially love to use this in the morning. After about a week of using this product daily, my acne scarring definitely looks better and has started to fade just a bit. I AM THRILLED! Another pro to this cleanser is that for me, it controls the oil on my T-zone, as i've stated before I have combination skin but a severely oily T-zone which I absolutely hate because I love a matte face. After washing my face with this product it keeps my face matte throughout the entire day, I can even go so far as to say that I haven't seen any oil on my T-zone since using this cleanser. I have also seen less pimples/spots and a more even skintone since using this.

This product contains both salicylic and glycolic acid (AHA) which can increase your skin's sensitivity to the sun so use with caution and protect your skin! As with anything, if you notice any irritation then immediately discontinue use.

I wasn't sure if this cleanser could be used all over the body so I did a bit of research and it can! The DDF website states: "Excellent for face and body as part of an overall hypigmentation program" For this I am especially grateful because like any other plus size girl, I experience chub rub, so this will be a great way to keep those areas from turning dark.

Brush is by Earth Therapeutics ($2.99)
How I use this product: personally I have always washed my face with cold water (the world lets out a collective GASP!) I know that a lot of people are strictly against using cold water as well as water that is too warm but I have found that this works for me and I have experienced no ill side effects as of yet. My routine is very simple, I start by wetting my complexion brush and squeezing a small amount of cleanser directly onto it, I splash a bit of water onto my face and then clean and exfoliate for 3-5 minutes before rinsing off. The brush is gentle enough to use daily. Depending on your skintype, this cleanser can be drying so be sure to use a moisturizer afterwards.

In short, I honestly can't thank birchbox enough for sending me this. I've always been curious about lightening creams/cleansers because of my acne scarring but was too afraid to try anything but i'm glad that I have now! I encourage anyone with similar skin troubles to atleast give this a try! The full size retails for $38.00.

Much love xo

1 comment:

  1. I've heard good things about this ddf product! Going on my wish ♥ list now...

    ReplyDelete