Sunday, October 7, 2012

Marilyn Monroe M.A.C Collection "Scarlet Ibis"

Like many others, I absolutely adore Marilyn. So of course, once M.A.C announced this collection I HAD to have a few items from it. Unfortunately, I didn't get around to purchasing until this Saturday 10/6 and because of that almost everything was sold out. But, just by sheer luck I was able to get the exact lipstick that I had wanted, which, at the end of the day is all that matters right?


Let me present Scarlet Ibis from the Marilyn collection (it is actually a re-promote from a collection earlier this year) I absolutely ADORE this shade. It is a beautiful reddened orange. The color itself is entirely opaque and can be worn full on or sheered out for an absolutely gorgeous tint. The color is matte, and because of that leaves a stain on the lips which lasted on me even after eating, drinking and taking a little nap (no joke here) I've come to find that less is more with this shade and seems to last incredibly long when used sparingly. The only downside for me is that I only purchased one so I almost don't want to use it!


What I love about this collection overall is that to me, it truly speaks Marilyn. Everything in the collection is actually like what she wore in real life. All of the colors are very subtle, very neutral and natural with just the right amount of glam.

"Imperfection is beauty, madness is genius and it's better to be absolutely ridiculous than absolutely boring" - Marilyn Monroe

Update: The absolute PERFECT lip liner for this is NYX Slim lip pencil in the color "Pumpkin"

No comments:

Post a Comment