It seems like ages since my last beauty post but, as you've probably read I've had a major disheartening and scarring event happen recently. That, coupled with being ill, has left me completely unmotivated. But, as the days go by, my heart is healing, my mind is becoming clearer, my emotions are simmering down and I feel productive and ready to get back to doing what I love; blogging & connecting with all of you. I've missed you!
I want to give a big thank you and an even bigger apology to Aileen and Jen, they each nominated me for Liebster's ages ago and I've just gotten around to doing it. Thank you so, so much to you both! You can check out Aileen's blog here and Jen's here.
- List 11 facts about yourself
- Choose 11 bloggers with less than 200 followers to nominate (not including your nominator)
- Ask 11 new questions for the bloggers that you nominate
- Answer the 11 questions given to you by your nominator
- Thank your nominator and give a link to their blog
- Banana cheesecake is my favorite dessert
- Jeepers Creepers is to date, the only horror film that genuinely creeps me out
- I collect old R.L Stine "Goosebumps" books
- Six Feet Under is still my favorite TV show
- I plan on opening my own Etsy shop in the near future
- This will be the first year that I will be wearing a costume to comic con (Shaun of the Dead)
- I love gaming and reading
- I usually love horror games but, to this day I cannot play Silent Hill. I attempted to play the original years ago and have been terrified since.
- I love the cold, so much that I even have my AC on in the middle of winter
- Even though I love to cook, scrambled eggs seem to be the one thing that I have trouble getting right consistently
- Halloween is my all time favorite holiday followed by Valentine's Day
1. If you could only shop in one store for the rest of your life, what store would you choose? Ack! I couldn't imagine only shopping at one store when there are so many awesome possum things all over but, if I had to choose, I would pick Torrid! I know that as of late, the quality has gone a bit downhill and they can very well be outrageously expensive. But, for consistently finding clothing that fits well and prints that I love, Torrid has always been at the top of my list. (Apologies for sounding like an infomercial)
2. What is the thing you like most about yourself? I would have to say my sense of humor, I'd like to think that I am a funny person and I love making others laugh
3. Who do you most look up to? My mother. No matter what, my mom is and always will be the greatest person that I have ever had the pleasure of knowing.
4. Name one thing in your room that means a lot to you. A jack in the box that my father gave to me when I was about five years old.
5. What is your favorite perfume / fragrance? I have two all time favorite perfumes, the first being "Daisy Duck" by Disney. Odd right? This was the first perfume that I ever owned as a child so it holds a special place in my heart. Not only does it smell wonderful but since it is a children's perfume, it is extremely cheap, about $10. My second favorite is "Twirl" by Kate Spade, I received a sample from Birchbox a few years back and immediately went out and purchased the full size. Both of these fragrances are staples in my life and I've even got quite a few friends hooked on them too!
6. What is your favorite song and why? Yesterday's Feelings by The Used. This band has been one of my favorites for years now and this song, albeit depressing, speaks to me in a lot of different ways and has helped me through a lot of troublesome times, it was this very song that inspired one of my tattoos.
7. What made you start blogging? I have always loved the world of makeup & fashion but for awhile, I never thought that I had anything to offer. One day I decided to give it a try and here I am. I have always loved to write and it's nice to have a space where I can express myself as well as cater to so many different things, body love, product reviews, PCOS awareness, self esteem, plus size fashion, etc. that way, everyone can find a post that they like or that helps them in some way.
8. One place that you most want to visit? Venice, Italy. Oddly enough, I fell in love with this city after watching The Italian Job (one of my favorite movies) and ever since it has been a dream of mine to visit someday.
9. How did you first meet your best friend? Freshman year of high school
10. Have you had any embarrassing make-up mishaps? Have I? Absolutely. My biggest mishap started in, you guessed it, high school. When I first started using makeup, I had no clue what eyeshadow was. Seriously, I didn't even know it existed! So, my "eyeshadow" consisted of smearing eyeliner all over my lids. Yep, let that marinate. You can probably imagine how much eyeliner I went through in a month.
11. What is one thing you have done in your life that you are most proud of? Oh man, I hate to "toot my own horn" so to speak but thankfully in life I have been a very lucky person and have a lot to be proud of: overcoming major illnesses, adopting my furbabies, starting my blog, and I was even Valedictorian of my school. It's hard to pick just one thing because I have been fortunate to experience so many wonderful things.
1. What's your favorite eyeshadow color? In general greys and browns. If I had to choose specific eyeshadows I would say: Twilight (Ulta brand), Hot Mama (TheBalm), Presto & Alice Copper (TheBalm's Balm Jovi Palette)
2. Do you have a favorite book? What is it? Oh boy, I have WAY too many favorites so I'll list a few of them: Warm Bodies (Isaac Marion), The Twilight Saga (Stephanie Meyer), Easy (Tammara Webber), Beautiful Disaster (Jamie McGuire), Speak (Laurie Halse Anderson), Stolen (Lucy Christopher) and Want To Go Private? (Sarah Darer Littman)
3. If you could have lunch with any youtuber, who would it be? I love so many bloggers and vloggers but, if I had to choose youtubers I would say Cora (VintageorTacky), Rachel Whitehurst, Angie (GoldieStarling), and Glowpinkstah!
4. What's your favorite makeup or fashion brand? No favorite fashion brands but as far as makeup, I love Too Faced, MAC, and TheBalm
5. Do you prefer autumn or spring? Autumn! I love, love, LOVE the fall atmosphere; cold weather, crunchy leaves, Halloween, etc.
6. Do you have siblings? Yep, one wonderful sister
7. Do you have any hidden talents (cooking, singing, playing instruments, etc)? I love to cook and bake and I'm constantly trying to learn and experiment with new recipes. I would love to learn to play piano someday.
8. Which musician/actor do you currently have a crush on? Hmm. I guess Lee Pace, not only is he attractive (to me) but, I think he is a wonderful actor as well.
9. If you could visit one place in the world, where would it be? Why? Venice, Italy. Oddly enough, I fell in love with this city after watching The Italian Job (one of my favorite movies) and ever since it has been a dream of mine to visit someday.
11. Name a happy childhood memory :) Riding my very first bike...well, right up until I crashed into a tree. I haven't ridden a bike since lol
Haley // Haley Here
Emily // In A Faraway Tree
Becky // Does My Blog Make Me Look Fat?
Cassandra // I Can't Afford My Style
Beth // Tinkerbell And The Lost Girls
Jackie // Five Two Certified
Kelly // Studio Gold
Questions For My Nominees:
1. Who is your favorite band/artist?
2. What is your favorite food?
3. Do you have a current favorite TV show?
4. What is one fashion item that you've been coveting recently?
5. Name three of your favorite stores to shop.
6. What is the greatest thing that you've learned since starting your blog?
7. If you could be any villain from a Disney movie, who would you be?
8. If you wanted to, what is one thing you could change or improve about your blog?
9. Best book that you've read recently.
10. What is your dream job/career?
11. If you could try anything new, what would it be?
Photo is from Google Images
Much love xo