Friday, December 28, 2012

MAC Prep + Prime Lip- A Review

Lovelies...I have found THE holy grail lip product...seriously...I'm wondering where this product has been all my life and why I'm JUST NOW finding out about it?! I'm talking about MAC's Prep + Prime lip. I had been wanting this product for a few months now and lucky me, I received it as a Christmas gift a few days ago. I must say, I am absolutely smitten with this lip product. As a girl who wears mostly matte lipsticks, this was a must have for me.

Let me start off by saying that there is a right and wrong way to use this product, so many people are saying that this is a "glorified lipbalm" when it is anything but. If you've tried this product before and thought it did nothing, I highly encourage you to have at it again! The right way to use this is simply, applying it and allowing it to sit for 30 seconds to 1 minute and letting it become tacky on your lips. It should have a glue stick like texture once tacky (terrible description right?). Doing this allows the product to form a proper barrier so it can grab onto your lip color and NOT. LET. GO. If you don't allow it to become tacky and just apply your lip color right after then you are defeating the purpose of this product. The balm is white in the tube but completely clear when applied. It has no taste and carries the familiar vanilla scent that MAC lip products are known for.

I honestly cannot express how much this impressed me. It made my lip color last the entire day and kept my lips moisturized and soft while doing it. Not once did I need to re-apply anything even after eating and drinking. My lipstick did not bleed, feather or budge in any way. Never have I been able to take a tissue and blot it on my lips with absolutely nothing coming off, until now. When I say that this product is an essential for me now, I really mean it. I can't see myself ever applying lip color without this again. The tiniest touch of lipstick came off while eating and drinking but other than that, it didn't budge and my lip color pretty much looked the same from the beginning of the day until the end. I've found that this does work the best with matte lipsticks, it works well with non-matte but more lip color came off when eating and drinking, it still did not feather or bleed though.

This product retails for $16.00//1.7g of product
This product can be purchased here

Much love xo




No comments:

Post a Comment