Thursday, January 31, 2013

Favorite Product Of The Month! January

Hello lovelies! So sorry that I haven't been putting out as much content as I used to. Things have been a bit hectic for the past couple of weeks but thankfully now I can breathe and I'm back to blogging.

This month I've had a TON of things to try out and review, from new makeup to skincare to a backpack even! (Reviews will be coming shortly). It's all been so exhausting but I love it. Thankfully, most of these products were very good and a few of them are even staples in my routine now. Overall though, there were two products this month that really stood out to me and they were, TheBalm's Balm Jovi Palette and Philosophy's Purity Made Simple 3-in-1 Facial Cleanser. The latter I will be talking about in this review!

You might have noticed that this product is labeled as being a 3-in-1, that's because in addition to being a cleanser this product also acts as a toner while it helps to dissolve makeup. According to Philosophy, it's supposed to lightly hydrate the skin as well. While I didn't notice any hydration per se, I did notice that it didn't strip my skin and leave it feeling "squeaky", uncomfortable or tight. This cleanser is great for removing oils because it leaves my skin looking matte but somehow does not strip my skin. How it does that I will never know! I really love the toning aspect because it leaves my skin looking bright, awake and refreshed so I've been using this mainly in the mornings. As someone with dark acne scarring on the sides of my face, I'm always looking for non-harsh products that will not only brighten my skin but, keep it from looking dull as well. This, along with my trusty DDF Brightening Cleanser are now staples in my routine. I'm especially impressed by this product because unlike usual toners, it doesn't dry out my skin or make my skin flaky which the DDF Brightening can do on occasion.

When using this cleanser, I start with a damp face and using only a dime size amount, I rub it into my skin for a few minutes before rinsing. If you are using this product to remove makeup, I would recommend doing this twice to make sure that everything was removed. You can also use this product on your eyes but, I personally haven't tried that yet.

Ultimately, I think this is a great product all around. It cleanses, tones and removes makeup in one step so for that alone you can't beat it. The prices are a bit expensive but, since only a dime size amount is needed it will last a long time and you no longer have to buy makeup remover and or toner separately so that in itself, helps to save a bit of money as well as, take extra steps out of your routine. If you are planning to purchase a full size version of this product, I would recommend buying a pump as well. The reason for this is because, the packaging is a very rigid bottle which quickly becomes an inconvenience as more and more product is used, it becomes almost impossible to get product out and not crush the bottle in the process.

*This product does contain sulfates* as well as: Water, Sodium Lauroamphoacetate, Sodium Trideceth Sulfate, Limnanthes Alba (Meadowfoam) Seed Oil, Coco-Glucoside, Coconut Alcohol, Peg-120 Methyl Glucose Dioleate, Aniba Rosaeodora (Rosewood) Wood Oil, Geranium Maculatum Oil, Guaiac (Guaiacum Officinale) Extract, Cymbopogon Martini Oil, Rosa Damascena Extract, Amyris Balsamifera Bark Oil, Santalum Album (Sandalwood) Oil, Salvia Officinalis (Sage) Oil, Cinnamomum Cassia Leaf Oil, Anthemis Nobilis Flower Oil, Daucus Carota Sativa (Carrot) Seed Oil, Piper Nigrum (Pepper) Seed Extract, Polysorbate 20, Glycerin, Carbomer, Triethanolamine, Methylparaben, Propylparaben, Imidazolidinyl Urea, Yellow 5 (Ci 19140)

Full sizes are $22 // 8oz, $33 // 16oz, $41 // 24oz, $50.50 // 32oz of product
Travel size is $10 // 3oz of product

You can purchase this product in it's various sizes herehere, and here

Much love xo

No comments:

Post a Comment